Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Spiritual Warfare

"If you are child of God an attack will come."

I'm really starting to understand the fact Satan is very crafty and out to get me. Here I am going about my own business feeling safe and secure and that things are all going so right and WHAM!! the wind is knocked out of me. i'm flooded with thoughts of past mistakes, guilt, being unworthy, worthlessness, and inadequacy...i start to question everything around me.

Thankfully I did a little study on spiritual warfare a couple of months ago...

I was reminded that I needed to ask God to open the eyes of my understanding and lead me into truth and that knowing and trusting in truth will help defend against Satan.

-"And you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free. ...I assure you that everyone who sins is a slave of sin. A slave is not a permanent member of the family, but a son is part of the family forever. So if the Son sets you free, you will indeed be free."-John 8:32, 34-36-

- "Long ago, even before he made the world, God loved us and chose us in Christ to be holy and without fault in his eyes." -Ephesians 1:4-

I am so thankful that I have been cleansed by the blood of Jesus and filled with the spirit, escaping darkness and ready and able to walk in the light.

Putting on the full armor of God is a newer concept for me, but Ephesians gives a good description of this...

-"Be strong with the Lord’s mighty power. Put on all of God's armor so that you will be able to stand firm against all strategies and tricks of the devil."-Ephesians 6:10-11

-"Use every piece of God's armor so you will be able to resist the enemy in the time of evil, so that after the battle you will still be standing firm. Stand your ground, putting on the belt of truth and the body armor of God's righteousness. For shoes, put on the peace that comes from the Good News, so that you will be fully prepared. In every battle you will need faith as your shield to stop the fiery arrows aimed at you by Satan. Put on salvation as your helmet, and take the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God. Pray at all times and on every occasion in the power of the Holy Spirit. Stay alert and be persistent in your prayers for all Christians everywhere."-Ephesians 6:13-18-

at least i know i'm doing something right that makes Satan feel like i'm worthy to attack. him doing so goes against the foolish thoughts he's been jamming in my head. thanks Satan for reminding me to turn to the one who loves me. and thanks for giving me the opportunity for him to remind me of just how precious i am to him and that through Christ i am FREE and viewed as without fault in His eyes! OH, and...I HATE YOU!!


"the voice of truth tells me a different story
the voice of truth says do not be afraid
and the voice of truth says this is for my glory
out of all the voices calling out to me
I will choose to listen and believe the voice of truth"
-Casting Crowns-


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

First off, I found your page through Juleen.

Your "there". This has been something on my mind for awhile. I take satans (lower case, disrespect :) ) attacks as a sign that I am either doing something right, or I am someone of value to Christ. I am not happy you are going through this, but it is nice to see anothers point of view. God bless, Tony

Brett said...

did you give up on blogging already?